LI Chapter Championship!
Get ready to compete on Tuesday, July 17th at:
Wind Watch Golf and Country Club!!
Long Island Members of all skill levels with an official USGA handicap index are encouraged to participate, so give the Championship a try and put your game to the test!!
This year the Metro Northeast Semi-Finals will be held here on Long Island!
Please make sure to read this in its entirety.
Whether you are a seasoned golfer or relatively new to the game, the Championship provides a venue to experience competitive golf among friends and in the spirit of fun.
The Championship is the largest women's amateur golf tournament in the world. The Championship creates an opportunity for personal growth in a competitive yet fun environment.
Played in three stages, participation requires an official USGA Handicap Index and is for LPGA Women Who Play members only.
Schedule: The Long Island Championship is an amateur competition conducted under the direction of the National Association Headquarters.
Competition is in three stages:
- Championship qualifier - 18 holes of stroke play to be played on July 17th at Wind Watch Golf and Country Club, Hauppauge, New York
- Semi-Final Championship - 18 holes of stroke play to be played on August 18th at Cherry Creek The Woods Course in Riverhead, New York
- Championship Finals- 36 holes of stroke play to be played on October 12-13th at Innibsrook Resort, Palm Harbor, Forida
- The Championship, by design, offers two different competitive formats: Stroke Play and Inter-Chapter Team Scramble Competition. You select the competitive format that best fits your game, personality and skill level.
- Stroke Play Division: Eligible participants are flighted based on their handicap index. Two from each flight move on to the next stage.
- Four-Women Team Scramble TWO teams will move on to the next stage! Consists of 4 participants from the same Chapter who meet the eligibility requirements, have a Team Computation Factor falling within a +2 and -5 range.
- All details are available in the "2018 Chapter Championship Participant Package"
- Log in to Member Clubhouse and Click on the Events tab on the Left.
- Then click on LPGA Women Who Play Championship.
- Click on the tab along the top that says 2018 Championship.
- Then scroll down and find the Long Island link under Metro Northeast, click on it and it will bring you to the Registration site.
- Registration is via online registration ONLY for both National & LI Chapter.
- Registration must be completed no later than June 30, 2018.
- Handicap cut-off date is July 1st, 2018.
- ALL LI competitive event participants are required to maintain a handicap either through EWGA GN21 or through GHIN .
Online Registration fees are: National fee of $50 and LI Chapter entrance fee of $50 for a Total of $100
Total Tournament Fee is $100.00, includes greens & cart fees, range balls, Hot Buffet Lunch, and the National Entry Fee of $50.
The Chapter will be subsidizing the Chapters entrance fee for all Long Island Members.
Shot Gun begins 7:30am! 5:30 am Registration and Driving Range opens.
7:15 am Mandatory in the Carts ready to go play
Questions about the LI Chapter Championship should be directed to Barbara Bartoszak at firstname.lastname@example.org